POSITION: WEATHERIZATION INSPECTOR
LOCATION: 227 E. WASHINGTON BOULEVARD
HOURS: 7:30 A.M. TO 5:30 P.M. MONDAY – THURSDAY, 7:30 A.M.-11:30 A.M. FRIDAY
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $35,000 -$ 40,000
The Inspector is responsible for identifying energy savings opportunities and health and safety problems in residential dwellings by observation, measurement, and use of analytical instruments. The Inspector must utilize the Department of Energy’s Standard Work Specifications to develop written work orders and cost estimates. The Inspector coordinates and oversees the work of sub-contractors and inspects their work. The Inspector maintains documentation of events, prepares reports, and establishes positive and professional rapport with clientele, coworkers, contractors, and program personnel.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess manual dexterity to operate hand tools, power tools and keyboard.
- Must possess strong visual and observation skills.
- Auditory and verbal skills are required for communication with clients, staff and the public.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move 50 pounds in all directions.
- Must be able to stand or sit for 45 minute intervals
- Must be able to climb ladders and mount and dismount roofs and attic access points from ladders.
- Must be able to handle occasional heavy work involving stooping, crawling, bending, lifting, standing, sitting and working in tight and undesirable spaces.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Consideration given to candidates with minimum two years of demonstrated experience or education in a field related to construction technology, building science, engineering or weatherization.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, with strong mathematics aptitude.
- An ability to quickly develop a thorough understanding of basic Brightpoint concepts, and the numerous regulations governing agency operations and programs.
- An ability to relate well with diverse personalities from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- High comfort level with public interaction.
- When driving for Brightpoint, the employee must have a valid Indiana driver’s license and must maintain minimum liability limits of $100,000/$300,000 on auto insurance.
- Capable of acquiring and maintaining the following certifications within the time limits indicated from the date of hire:
- OSHA 10-hour general construction card within first 3 months.
- EPA Lead Renovator certification within first 6 months.
- BPI Energy Auditor certification within first 9 months.
- Indiana Department of Health Lead Risk Assessor license within first 12 months.
- BPI Quality Control Inspector certification within first 15 months.
DATES FOR INTERNAL POSTING: FROM June 26, 2017 TO July 21, 2017
TENTATIVE DATES FOR EXTERNAL POSTING: June 26, 2017 TO July 21, 2017
APPROXIMATE DATE FOR POSITION TO BEGIN: August 14, 2017
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT HR DEPARTMENT, EXT. 213 or 206
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED – 227 E WASHINGTON BLVD, FORT WAYNE, IN
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., MONDAY – THURSDAY, OR 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M., FRIDAY
OR VIA THE INTERNET AT www.mybrightpoint.org
We, Brightpoint conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“Interlocal Community Action Program (ICAP) is seeking a Housing Services Program Director. ICAP is a non-profit agency serving low-income individuals and families through federally funded programs. The Housing Services Program Director will be based out of the Muncie office in Delaware county, with their program service area including Delaware, Hancock, Henry, and Rush counties.
The Housing Services Program Director will be responsible for managing and motivating their team of 8 through the weatherization and rehabilitation of clients’ homes in a way that is both efficient and client-focused. This person’s time will be divided between an office and on-site, hands-on work. A successful Housing Services Program Director will ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and agency regulations and guidelines; maintain of federal grants; possess strong leadership skills; and a have a passion for helping others.
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or GED (Bachelor’s degree preferred), 2 years experience in carpentry/housing rehab (working knowledge of natural gas, LP gas, fuel oil, electrical systems, and all codes applicable to HVAC systems and installations preferred), and 2 years experience supervising a team.
ICAP offers competitive salaries; life, health, dental, and optical insurance; 401K agency contribution; and a generous hospital, vacation, and sick/personal time benefit. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. ICAP is an EOE agency.”
South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) is seeking an Executive Director. SCCAP is a non-profit agency administering programs to low-income families and individuals in Brown, Monroe, Morgan, and Owen counties. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer who is responsible to SCCAP’s Governing Board to carry out the day to day operations by directing, designating, and implementing all programmatic, administrative, and fiscal aspects and the work of the organization, while assuring legal responsibilities of the organization. The Executive Director ensures that the Board of Directors are kept fully informed on operations of the organization. SCCAP is looking for candidates who have strong leadership skills and a passion for the mission and a thorough understanding of non-profit management and the programs offered by SCCAP.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following; Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Non-profit management or related field plus a minimum of five years’ relevant work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Click here for a detailed job description:
Please submit a SCCAP employment application, and resume to:
P.O. Box 984
Bloomington, IN 47402
The documents may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:30p.m. Only applicants who submit a SCCAP employment application and resume will be considered for the position. For more information and a SCCAP employment application, see SCCAP’s website atwww.insccap.org. SCCAP, Inc. is an EOE agency.
South Central Community Action Program, Inc. (SCCAP) is seeking a Weatherization Manager. SCCAP is a non-profit agency administering programs to low-income families and individuals in Brown, Monroe, Morgan, and Owen counties. The Weatherization Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the entire Weatherization program in four counties and is responsible for supervising the rehabilitation and weatherization of low-income homes. The Weatherization Manager ensures that the work performed on client’s homes is in compliance with all Federal, State and Agency regulations and guidelines pertaining to weatherization program. SCCAP is looking for candidates who have strong leadership skills and a passion for the mission.
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or GED; supplemented by three to five years previous experience in carpentry, construction, contracting, home rehabilitation, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. In addition, has Working knowledge of natural gas, LP gas, fuel oil, and electric heating systems and of all codes applicable to HVAC system and installations.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package. Please submit an application, cover letter and resume to: SCCAP, 1500 W. 15th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404. For information that is more detailed and an application, see our website at www.insccap.org. SCCAP, Inc. is an EOE agency.