Weatherization Field Guide
Indiana Weatherization Field Guide
The Indiana Weatherization Field Guide describes procedures used to analyze and improve the performance of existing homes retrofitted under the Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program.
This field guide is cross-referenced to DOE’s Standard Work Specifications for Home Energy Upgrades: 2014 Edition.
Download or Print the PDF
The PDF is 604 pages and is designed to print at 5.5″ wide by 8.5″ tall (half-letter). For best navigation, download the PDF and open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, rather than opening the PDF within an Internet browser. Doing so will allow readers to access click-able bookmark links for each chapter in the page menu at the left of the screen as well as click-able titles in the Table of Contents.
Download the PDF (16.8 MB)
Access the Manual Online
For easier access to individual chapters, use the live content linked below.
- Chapter 1: health and Safety
- Chapter 2: Energy Audits and Quality Control
- Chapter 3: Weatherization Materials
- Chapter 4: Attics and Roofs
- Chapter 5: Walls
- Chapter 6: Floors and Foundations
- Chapter 7: Windows and Doors
- Chapter 8: Heating and Cooling Systems
- Chapter 9: Ventilation
- Chapter 10: Baseload Measures
- Chapter 11: Mobile Homes
- Chapter 12: Air Leakage Diagnostics
- Chapter 13: Weatherization Forms